Crazy for Cardamom
Crunch Crunch Crunch! In chocolate, it’s a beautiful thing. Buckwheat provides the perfect healthy texture to jazz up your cacao creations. In a previous blog post we explained the process of activating and sprouting your buckwheat for elevated nutritional value, but what if you want to shake things up! Here’s a funky recipe playing with some interesting flavours. Mix these crunchy candied delights into your chocolate and you’re onto a flavour burst full of crunch……….enjoy!
Cardamom Orange Vanilla Buckwheat
- 100g Raw Buckwheat (Soaked 2hrs then rinsed) Note: Option to Sprout. Click here to find out how to sprout
- 60g Coconut Sugar (powdered)
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2-5 Drops Cardamom Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 8 Drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 5 drops Vanilla Medicine Flower Extract
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt
- Soak Buckwheat for 2 hours. If already sprouted you can soak for 1 hour.
- Powder 50g of the sugar as finely as possible in a high-speed blender or coffee grinder (the extra 10g of sugar is added un-powdered for candied crunch).
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine well with your hands, making sure to cover all the wet buckwheat with the dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture onto a Teflex Sheet & Dehydrator Tray, making sure to keep the mixture separated into clusters for faster drying.
- Dehydrate at 42 degrees (108F), for 12 – 24hrs or until completely dry. You can flip onto a new tray halfway through to help speed the drying process.
- Store clusters in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.