Raw + Coconut Oil Chocolate
Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start (a little Sound of Music reference for you!).
To start your journey into Raw + Vegan + Chocolate making, here’s a simple recipe that is easy to make and requires very little equipment. Because this recipe uses Coconut Oil to hold the ingredients together, it will melt relatively quickly depending on the heat / humidity of where you are located.
Even straight from the fridge / freezer this chocolate will be on the softer side. It has a lovely texture and taste. Your body will enjoy all the benefits that Coconut Oil has to offer so I suggest buying the best quality oil you can find. It is definitely one of My Favourite Things (couldn’t resist a second Sound of Music pun!) ... Will it be one of yours?
Coconut Oil Cacao Nib Crunch
- 100g Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 80g Raw Cacao Powder
- 60g – 100g Coconut Nectar *To Taste
- 10g Maca
- Pinch Pink Salt *Optional *To Taste
- 50g Raw Cacao Nibs
- In a stainless steel or glass bowl, briskly whisk the Coconut Oil and Coconut Nectar to fully combine (the mixture will turn dark brown).
- Sieve the Raw Cacao Powder into the mixture.
- Briskly whisk to combine and create a fluffy consistency.
- Add Maca / Pink Salt and whisk again to fully combine.
- Add 40g of the Raw Cacao Nibs and stir to combine.
- Line a baking tray with foil / parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into tray and evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the remaining 10g of Raw Cacao Nibs on the top of the chocolate.
- Set in the fridge for 30 - 60 mins or until set. Option to set in the freezer for 20 mins
This chocolate is best stored in the fridge / freezer and eaten within 30 – 60 mins at room temperature (depending on where you live).